Re: [LAU] html5 audio through jack

From: Kazakore <dj_kaza@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 30 2014 - 23:12:04 EEST

On 30/08/14 22:48, rob wrote:
> On 30/08/14 13:09, Kazakore wrote:
>>
>> On 30/08/14 16:23, Iain Mott wrote:
>>> Hi list,
>>>
>>> I'm thinking of updating some of my web pages to use multi-platform
>>> flash/html5 audio players, at present they use flash only and won't
>>> play
>>> on iPads for example.
>>>
>>> Due to some problems I was having with pulse audio in relation to my
>>> HDSP
>>> interface I have recently disabled it and all my audio is running via
>>> jack/alsa and
>>> the HDSP interface. With flash in firefox, there are no problems and
>>> the
>>> audio plays. My .asoundrc is configured with the following:
>>>
>>> pcm.rawjack {
>>> type jack
>>> playback_ports {
>>> 0 system:playback_1
>>> 1 system:playback_2
>>> }
>>> capture_ports {
>>> 0 system:capture_1
>>> 1 system:capture_2
>>> }
>>> }
>>>
>>> pcm.jack {
>>> type plug
>>> slave { pcm "rawjack" }
>>> hint {
>>> description "JACK Audio Connection Kit"
>>> }
>>> }
>>>

>>> pcm.!default {
>>> type plug
>>> slave { pcm "rawjack" }
>>> }
>>>

>>> HTML5 players in firefox don't play however via jack. When pulse was
>>> enabled, HTML5
>>> content would play through the computer's built-in sound card. Now that
>>> it's disabled I can't get it to play through jack.
>>>
>>> An example page with a HTML5 player is here:
>>>
>>> http://www.html5tutorial.info/html5-audio.php
>>>
>>> Any suggestions please? A modification of the .asoundrc?
>>>
>>> I'm running Ubuntu 14.04
>>>
>>> Thanks,

>> Can't help but can tell you I have the exact same problem! I also don't
>> get audio from streaming media directly from the internet (eg a web
>> hosted .ogg) Have you managed to get that working? I use VLC's
>> Multimedia Plugin for firefox, VLC is set to Jack, also have all
>> GStreamer routed through Jack, but "normal" firefox audio never
>> reaches it.
>>
>> Good luck with this one. It's part of the reason Arch is feeling so
>> appealing to me right now. I can truly get a system with no P(IT)A in
>> there! ;-)
>>
>> Dale.

> http://alsa.opensrc.org/Jack_and_Loopback_device_as_Alsa-to-Jack_bridge might
> be worth looking at.
>
> rob

I'm sure it used to be at the bottom of this page it had a note about
how going the ALSA Loopback route would stop you being able to change
settings from within QJackCtl, and just at the same point I read it
there was a thread on here by somebody not being able to set up Jack
through QJackCtl which at the time I assumed must be related. Can't see
any comment on it anywhere at all now though...

http://jackaudio.org/faq/routing_alsa.html

But obviously that would be unacceptable and why I never tried
re-routing ALSA.

Dale.