Re: [LAU] Update Phasex: Sequencer suggestions?

From: Philipp Überbacher <murks@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 01 2014 - 17:46:13 EEST

On Sun, 31 Aug 2014 15:15:50 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@rocketmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2014-08-29 at 13:02 +0200, Philipp Überbacher wrote:
> > I'm too stupid to patch apparently, otherwise I would have done it
> > already.
>
> Reported and patches were added by the maintainer. Nobody needs to do
> everything ;).

Thanks Ralf,
I tried it and it seems that the patch applied properly.
I can't say much about the DC-offset problem yet, but phasex definitely
needs more fixing. I can reliably crash phasex by attempting to switch
from jack autoconnect to manual connections. With autoconnect enabled
it is impossible to do any manual connections to and from phasex. It is
possible to change that manually in the config file tough.

A somewhat related question: What is the currently recommended way to
bridge between alsa and jack midi? For now I start jack with '-X
alsa_midi', which seems to work, at least in one direction.

Regards,
Philipp