Re: [LAU] Open Source Audio Interface (was Successor/replacement for RME HDSP+Multiface?)

From: Kazakore <dj_kaza@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 01 2014 - 18:14:28 EEST

On 01/09/14 13:53, Moshe Werner wrote:

> I like your Idea! That would be the ideal modular platform.
> But if we're going the ethernet route why not Ravenna? It's open
> standard I think.
> Wouldn't there be a possibility to implement DSP or even Jack in
> Ravenna?
> Consoles from Lawo are Linux based and use Ravenna.
>
> Just some quick thoughts.
>

> I just remembered that we had a discussion about Ravenna here before,
> I think the conclusion was that it's not that simple...

I assume you know CobraNet as well? Seemed to the choice for bigger
concerts and FOH stuff a few years ago with support from a fair number
of the bigger audio manufacturers.

Don't think it's open like Ravenna though, which looks interesting with
a fair few supporters in the industry, although not so much the ones I
would associate with live sound and big events so much...

Dale.