Re: [LAU] Session management with NSM

From: Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 02 2014 - 21:42:16 EEST

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 6:44 PM, J. Liles <malnourite@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> This is something that would go into the .desktop files of applications as a
> capability

Cool: then its time to make it work in the UI, and after that bug-report every
app that is useful with NSM and doesn't have it in its .desktop.

> Certainly I have no intention of adding any qjackctl like configuration features.
Which also isn't what I'm suggesting

> Just create a ~/.jackdrc and you're done.
That doesn't work per session, and mixing / live-performance have a need
for very different JACK settings, perhaps even different interfaces.

It could be discussed to "highjack" ~/.jackdrc by copying an NSM sessions
.jackdrc to ~/ although a hack solution for a power-user, I think its not
a good way to go for beginners. We need something to fix this... ideas?

--
Cheers, -Harry
www.openavproductions.com