Re: [LAU] Successor/replacement for RME HDSP+Multiface?

From: Hans Wilmers <hanswil@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 04 2014 - 15:55:54 EEST

On 09/02/2014 10:00 AM, anders.vinjar@email-addr-hidden wrote:

> The UFX provides 22 ch. I/O in CC mode.
>
> No matrix or hw-mixer. You do get a single 'Speaker' slider in the
> alsamixer, not sure what it does though.
>
> -anders

I just did some testing with the UFX. I normally do not need specially
low latency, so others may achieve other (probably better) results:

With jack setup for 8ms latency, 22 channels duplex, I get lots of xruns
immediately. DSP load goes to the roof.

With jack setup for 16ms (3 periods of 256 frames), 22 channels duplex,
I can record all 22 channels without xruns so far (30 minutes).
DSP load stays well under 20%.

/ Hans

--
Hans Wilmers