Re: [LAU] [Bulk] Re: Session management with NSM

From: Kazakore <dj_kaza@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 04 2014 - 21:04:52 EEST

On 04/09/14 23:38, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 07:48:30PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
>> A simple question, is it possible to restore a Qtractor session using
>> NSM, IOW is it guaranteed that jackd doesn't run with a wrong latency?
> That is irrelevant.
>
> If a recorder/player, sequencer, DAW, or whatever is doing its
> latency compensation as it should be done (which is probably
> simpler than whatever Qtractor is doing now), it DOES NOT MATTER
> if the latency values are the same or not.
>
> Please try to understand that, and stop whining.
>
> Ciao,

 From this brief discussion here it sounds possible that QTractor takes
account of LIn on recording but never the LOut on playback, like it
should do. This could quite accurately be described as a bug in QTractor
but never a reason to say it is not compatible/supported by NSM!
Especially when the setting you are complaining about NSM not
controlling isn't part of QTractor itself but another program entirely
(Jack) which isn't supported in that way.

Of course I could be wrong about the LOut, only going on what I've read
in this here thread...