Re: [LAU] Session management with NSM

From: J. Liles <malnourite@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 04 2014 - 22:22:58 EEST

This thread has officially been Ralf'd.

In conclusion:

1. Harry has created an enhancement request to use .desktop files to
generate a list of available NSM capable applications. This is something
I've had on my personal list for a while anyway--still haven't decided how
it should look in the GUI (tab completion is no help to noobs and pros
already know the client names). Maybe stand-alone launcher would be prudent.
2. Anyone who wants to create a client to persist jack settings is welcome
to do so, and this doesn't require any changes to NSM. However, it is
unlikely to work with sample rate changes. Lots of programs support runtime
bufsize changes though, if that's what you're into.
3. Session switch is awesome and the more clients which support it the
better.
4. When Ralf has problems, we all have problems.

/thread