Re: [LAU] Session management with NSM

From: J. Liles <malnourite@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 04 2014 - 22:46:45 EEST

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 12:41 PM, David Santamauro <david.santamauro
@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/4/2014 3:22 PM, J. Liles wrote:
>
>> This thread has officially been Ralf'd.
>>

> that is funny.
>

> 2. Anyone who wants to create a client to persist jack settings is
>> welcome to do so, and this doesn't require any changes to NSM. However,
>> it is unlikely to work with sample rate changes. Lots of programs
>> support runtime bufsize changes though, if that's what you're into.
>>

> I would love to take a stab at this. Seems like something within my reach
> but if there is no option "start-before-others" or some priority client

As long as no clients crash or otherwise freak out when you change the
buffer size at runtime, then there's no need to enforce an order. The
synchronization is only required in order to shutdown/restart JACK (which
isn't necessary to change the buffer size)