Re: [LAU] control surfaces

From: Kelly Hirai <khirai@email-addr-hidden-geek.net>
Date: Wed Sep 10 2014 - 20:29:25 EEST

i'm having to smooth the values of the nano's 7bit knobs to avoid
zippering. its not a bad thing and i expect to have to do this at 14bits
as well, but there are some sets of values for which i would like them
to not fall into the same slots so easily.

just curious if anyone knows off the top of there head, for the
bcr-2000, when the application decides it wants to reassign the encoder
to another parameter and needs it to be a different value (lighting up a
different led on the display ring) is this as simple as a midi note on
message or is there a lengthy sysex glob that needs to be sent?

i've had to fight the dust out of rotary encoders in several devices.
behringers included. read timings or dust causing them to do things like
jitter forward when you turn them back. that would be kind of a show
stopper for me if it was cronic.

kelly