Re: [LAU] Common DAW session save / import

From: Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 12 2014 - 22:22:03 EEST

http://www.aatranslator.com.au/

> Point is, it would be awesome to be able to save basic sessions in Ardour and be able to import the track info, edits, etc, into say, Qtractor or Muse or whatever.
> What's out there per open source or proprietary solutions. Is this something that could be collaborated on in house so to speak?
Scripts, python perhaps. Ardour sessions are XML, QTractor sessions
are XML, Luppp uses JSON. All easy to work with in Python. Extract #
audio tracks, and audio-regions, convert to "unified" format in Python
script, export "unified python" to whatever target DAW.

> Thoughts?
Yes, have thought about this, and discussed with Rui / Paul on #irc :)

> Work arounds? Other open source DAW's?
No need, this just needs "doing". Developer time, and priority of #
of users for such functionality are the things to overcome here IMO.

HTH, -Harry

---
www.openavproductions.com