Re: [LAU] another cpu question

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 13 2014 - 23:43:50 EEST

On Sat, 2014-09-13 at 09:14 -0700, Len Ovens wrote:
> I would put all the possible effects in line but have the
> ones not used bypassed

This isn't possible for all effect combinations that could be needed,
but I agree, I would do the same providing the most common usages.

> Do you really want each track to have it's own reverb?

I agree that aux sends are much better for reverb.

Usually we want one virtual room and only need to control how much is
send to the reverb.

By using aux sends there's

- no overlapping of reverb tails or overdosed early reflections. I don't
  know if this would happen when using a reverb for each channel, if it
  would cause an audible unwanted side effect, but theoretically it's
  possible when using tons of reverbs. I never tested it.

- For the effect rack in the box, less DSP load, for analog reverbs,
  less money, since just one reverb is needed, and less background
  noise, by less reverb outputs.