Re: [LAU] Update: Lightweight WM that can be used without any issue with audio applications

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 14 2014 - 15:45:59 EEST

On Sun, 2014-09-14 at 19:40 +1000, Simon Wise wrote:
> On 14/09/14 18:46, Will Godfrey wrote:
> > Are you aware that there is a lot of customisation you can do if you delve into
> > the rc and menu files?

Yes, my standard tools to set up WMs are Pluma and Nano.

> Attached is the ~/.config/openbox/lxde-rc.xml with plenty of comments etc for
> reference.

Thank you, but I don't want to use a DE.

I wonder if my wish to use a panel on top of the workspace, without
hiding it, is too freakish for WMs ;).

Do you also use a panel on top of the workspace that is always visible?

On openbox I noticed that GIMP's tool windows, for layers etc. have
tendencies to hide the top of the windows under the panel and sometimes
they also open with most of it out of the workspace.

The GUI of Rakarrak also has got a tendency to open with the window's
head under the panel.

Other applications, e.g. Firefox, Qupzilla and Evolution don't cause
this issue, with or without a panel they use the workspace and open
below the margin I set up for top of the workspace.

Regards,
Ralf