Re: [LAU] Common DAW session save / import

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 14 2014 - 16:25:01 EEST

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Russell Hanaghan <
hanaghan.osaudio@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hmm, $60us by the looks? Not too much money by any means if it works
> reliably.
>
> Just curious if any devs are into writing something simple? I can provide
> testing assistance only. Just sounds like a cool and relative thing to have
> in the open source world.

when it comes to translating from one DAW format to another, there is no
such thing as "simple".

the people behind AATranslator are a veritable font of knowledge about this
stuff, and it cannot be stressed enough how much work they have done and
how much they have had to discover.

no other attempt at such a tool has ever succeeded - there was one other
tool which Solid State purchased but its existence now seems hard to spot.