Re: [LAU] Common DAW session save / import

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 14 2014 - 20:56:04 EEST

On Sun, 2014-09-14 at 09:47 -0700, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
> That, or suck it up and import .wav files to new session manually.

.wav and .mid, not only .wav :p.

You asked for good reasons, for something within Linux, but OTOH, the
world is big, others might ask for something exotic, e.g. to transform
from Fairlight to Qtractor and vice versa. I only touched one Fairlight
workstation in my live and it was broken :D, already before I touched
it ;).

Could you share Ardour2 and Ardour3 sessions, without issues?

IMO before thinking about converting between different programs, we
should be happy, if we can use sessions, done with different versions of
the same software. Linux is for hobby usage, not for professional usage.
That's it!

--
The SMPS is the 10 plagues of Egypt concentrate into one plague.