Re: [LAU] ALSA resampling

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 16 2014 - 08:05:57 EEST

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 10:50:46PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 9:52 PM, Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> > Being lazy here, so quick question:
> >
> > I'm looking for a simple way to resample in ALSA from a capture/play
> > interface that supports only 48kHz, to 44.1kHz which is desired.
> >
> > Both playback and capture resampling is needed, and it seems I neeed
> > dsnoop and dmix.
> >
> > However, I am bewildered by the somewhat byzantine configuration of
> > .asoundrc.
> >

> just telling an application to use "plughw:CARDNAME" should get you what
> you want.
>
> you need to do more if you want to control which resampling quality you get.

Thanks. It seems the latest version of ALSA seems to have a default plughw interface wrapped around on this particular card, because it "just works" at 44.1kHz and many other samplerates too, even though we know that the hardware only does 48kHz. So in this case the problem was simply solved by upgrading.

-ken