Re: [LAU] sfArk for Linux - git repo access

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 21 2014 - 16:26:13 EEST

Le dimanche, 21 Sep 2014 14:40:22 +0200,
Edgar Aichinger <edogawa@aon.at> a écrit :

> Am Sonntag, 21. September 2014, 14:24:07 schrieb Pedro
> Lopez-Cabanillas:
> >
> > I can confirm this behaviour when the program is compiled for 64
> > bits, but seems to work for 32 bit. Looks like a bug in the
> > program, which has not been properly ported from MS VC++ to GCC/G++.
>
> I can confirm that too for 64bit, but FWIW running this
> http://melodymachine.com/sfark.htm in wine got the soundfonts
> extracted, just to let you know in case running non-oss windows
> programs is an option...

Many thanks for the replies ! I haven't tried the 32-bit way yet, so I
can do that using a 32-bit Mint VM.

I just tried now by coincidence the Windows version from melodymachine
using wine, and although it installs OK (I presume, even though it is
in C:\Program Files where ever that really is in Linux !), and although
it is possible to use the GUI to navigate to a soundfile (way out there
somewhere else on the Linux machine) and double-click it, the program
will report 'file not found'. I'm surely missing something fundamental
about how wine/Windows apps works in Linux.

Cheers.