[LAU] Current way to get ZASF as a plugin?

From: Phil CM <philcm@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 24 2014 - 16:08:43 EEST

Hi everyone

I'd really like to be able to finally use the new and shiny ZynAddSubFX
in Qtractor (latest from source).

I tried the "zynaddsubfx_dssi" but even ghostess could not start it:

⚡ ghostess /usr/lib/dssi/libzynaddsubfx_dssi.so
ghostess: ghostess starting...
ghostess: failed to load plugin library /usr/lib/dssi/libzynaddsubfx_dssi.so

Then I build the full monty using the latest source tar.gz on SF
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/zynaddsubfx/files/latest/download?source=files>,
because I could not get the git master branch
<https://sourceforge.net/p/zynaddsubfx/code/ci/master/tree/> to compile
(I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 with 3.13.0-36-generic).

Now ghostess does load something

⚡ ghostess ~/src/zynaddsubfx-2.4.4/build/src/libzynaddsubfx_dssi.so
ghostess: ghostess starting...
ghostess: instance 0 on channel 0, plugin 0 is
'libzynaddsubfx_dssi/ZASF/inst00'
ghostess: listening using ALSA MIDI
ghostess ready

I get a small window with just a "UI" button ; when clicked, it reveals
a window with a "Send test note" that works! :) Just a sine wave "a" but
still.
There are "bank" & "program" menus, but they don't seem to work.
In Qtractor, I get basically the same thing, without the test sound :/

It seems to be lacking both UI definitions and instruments.

I also tried building Carla and puttin bin/carla.lv2 in my lv2 dir,
carla showed up in qtractor LV2 tab but failed to load with

suil error: Unable to wrap UI type
<http://kxstudio.sf.net/ns/lv2ext/external-ui#Widget> as type
<http://lv2plug.in/ns/extensions/ui#Qt4UI>

exec failed: No such file or directory

read() returned 0

force killing misbehaved child 11048 (start)

Carla assertion failure: "fPipeSend != -1" in file
../../utils/CarlaPipeUtils.hpp, line 422

Carla assertion failure: "fUiServer.isOk()" in file
CarlaEngineNative.cpp, line 935

QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const
QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action
(...)

How can I link all this together? Wow, I'm on it since early this
morning!? Thanks to anyone who's listening.

Phil

PS - I tried the "zynadd" package (can't find the sources/repo) w/o any luck
PPS - WAIT! I missed the " ZynAddSubFX" entry in the LV2 list! This is
from Carla (I tested it by trying to remove the carla.lv2 dir) ; It does
load (and a song save / qtractor restart yeld no error) only I can't
neither load a new instrument (I cloned the instrument repo
<https://sourceforge.net/p/zynaddsubfx/instruments/ci/master/tree/> and
selected the dir as the default) nor seem to affect the sine sound
playing (I turn the knobs, say ADSR in *edit instrument* and nothing
changes)) so now I don't have ZASF but can see it from where I am :)
Thank you for your patience.