Re: [LAU] JACKDUB

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 27 2014 - 12:44:56 EEST

On Sat, September 27, 2014 3:44 am, Carlos sanchiavedraz wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> Some of you might be interested in a new project I have been working on:
>>
>> http://jackdub.channellinux.com/
>>
>> It is a fully realtime automated music playback system built with
>> various
>> FLOSS tools. The system runs entirely in the cloud and doesn't even have
>> sound card.
>>
>> It's a work in progress so YMMV...
>>

>> Cheers
>>
>> --
>> Patrick Shirkey
>> Boost Hardware Ltd
>>

> Hi Patrick.
>
> Can't hear any sound from the stream. I'm interested because it's
> Audio+Floss+Web. Could you explain a bit more what is the project about?
> It
> says in the web "realtime song generator".

It's running now. I'll try to keep it up over the weekend. I'm still
hunting down the cause of various bugs that kill the stream so I have to
kick it over manually occasionally.

It's a system to generate music in realtime using midi files/samples and
various linux/open source tools. It's not a synth system although I have
plans for adding in realtime synthesis to the mix when I get some more
time.

It's a combination of musical toy for my own entertainment and a long term
project to build out a fully automated music production system. Some
people spend their money on going to a studio/band room with their mates.
I decided to put everything directly on the web.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd