Re: [LAU] JACKDUB

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 29 2014 - 20:16:33 EEST

On Tue, September 30, 2014 2:10 am, Carlos sanchiavedraz wrote:

> Listening to it right now.
>
> Patrick, I'd be interested in any documentation about this project. Does
> it
> use MMA? Which software are you using and how? Just parts on its own
> connected to jack or is there any multitrack thing going on?

I will look into MMA. I haven't used it yet so that will be a nice
addition to the toolset.

At the moment I use a program called jack-smf-player to loop through a
playlist of pre composed midi song files while I test out the stability of
the system. I added playlist support to jack-smf-player.

I have jack running on the dummy driver. I use ecasound to feed the stream
to icecast2 because I found it to be slightly easier to setup than other
options like darkice, etc...

The sound engine is running on linuxsampler.

I have a selection of sf2 midi instruments that I play around with the
instrument combinations. I can load various instruments with shell scripts
if I feel like a change of mood.

The main issue at the moment is stability. For example today it has been
playing for several hours without any issues but over the weekend it was
having problems. The server is a real physical machine with plenty of
resources so the stability issue is most likely something wrong with the
processing chain. Most likely something in jack-smf-player.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd