Re: [LAU] First release of new project: a773/up and away

From: Atte <atte@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 13 2014 - 00:43:22 EEST

On 10/12/2014 01:39 PM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> Your synchronicity in terms of the soundscape with the new release by Thom
> Yorke is a very well timed. The timing is too close to be influenced sot
> it just goes to show that great minds think alike :-)

I'm afraid I don't know Thom Yorke...

> What inspired you for this theme?

Well it's been on my hard drive for over a year, so details have started
to fade. I think I started out with what ended up as the intro, wanting
to have a looping chord progression that ended somewhat open on a
diminished chord. At some point there were also melody to this part.

For what ended up as the main theme, I tried to build something to fit
the tight sound of the drums. The chords were a result of each part in
the harmony being worked out and recorded one at the time, bass after
that. The bell theme just came...

--
Atte
http://atte.dk   http://a773.dk