Re: [LAU] Ardour: Taking out bits of a song

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 18 2014 - 18:37:18 EEST

On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 11:21:34 -0400
"jonetsu@email-addr-hidden" <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> I have a project in Ardour which has much more iterations of verses
> than the fnal project wil have, for the sake of explorations,
> improvisations, etc. Is it practical to work on the structure itself
> or should I redo all the tracks from scratch with a new count of
> verses ?

No need at all to re-do the tracks. What you'll want to do is save a
snapshot of the full project, then start cutting away, knowing you can
always go back to the full snapshot if you want.

You'll want to become familiar with the grid mode of the Ardour editor, which
will let you do your cutting and pasting with the edit points snapped to
the beats of the measures. Good luck!