Re: [LAU] kernel rt-patches future

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 31 2014 - 00:48:32 EET

On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 23:38:29 +0100
Joakim Hernberg <jhernberg@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Oct 2014 11:21:07 +0200
> Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2014-10-22 at 10:32 +0200, Joakim Hernberg wrote:
> > > Provided that all the hardware plays ball (which most does)
> >
> > It's easy to get issues caused by the hardware :(. I cared about
> > getting hardware that should play ball, my RME card doesn't work ok.
>
> Is it still sharing an interrupt with nvidia and other devices?

No shared interrupts with newer kernels, with older kernels it shares
the interrupt with the graphics. It doesn't matter, if I use the
internal ATI or a PCIe NVIDIA. The two PCIe slots on the mobo seem to
be one split thingy. This might explain the xruns even with much too
long latencies for music production. Another issue is that only 2 of
the 8 ADAT channels are available by the jack ports.