Re: [LAU] turn your tablet into a real physical interface

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 31 2014 - 11:54:17 EET

On Fri, 31 Oct 2014 10:24:46 +0100
Raphaël Mouneyres <rmouneyres@gmail.com> wrote:
> hopefully, the article mentions this more a kind of "proof of
> concept" than a real product. If we start to build real knobs on top
> of tactile interfaces instead of building hardware interfaces, then
> we completely loose our minds

I agree with your comment.

For a school this work does show very good that the designer is able to
understand some things, that are important for good design, assumed the
subject of the homework was to build something modular and clear or to
think about ergonomics, e.g. long thin pins make it easier to use the
wheels in the smallest spaces. So, for such a homework it's a good
work, but assumed this should really be an idea for better audio
engineering with tablet PCs, than IMO it's an odd idea. It even can't
be seriously used as a kind of developing kit for the design of
small stand-alone devices, quasi as a breadboard for the control
element design.