[LAU] mid channels on arturia beatstep

From: Athanasios Silis <athanasios.silis@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 04 2014 - 03:57:42 EET

hi all,
I recently bought an arturia beatstep that I'm planningto use for audio
routing control and music composition in linux.
I am currently monitoring "all midi stuff" that come out of this little
midi controller , using "qmidiroute" to see the event log.

I see that all commands that are sent from Arturia's beatstep are on midi
channel 1.
I tried changing that from beatstep surface, (holding down "CHAN" button
and selecting a channel from the 16 pads) but the event log still registers
midi information on channel 1.

am I doing something the wrong way?
or does beatstep only step signal on midi channel 1 Only?

thank you in advance for you help!