Re: [LAU] SSD(H)

From: Joshua Boyd <jdboyd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 07 2014 - 07:22:17 EET

On Thu, Nov 06, 2014 at 02:55:11PM +0100, Set Hallstrom wrote:
> On 2014-11-06 12:54, Dirk wrote:
>
> > Do you have a particular reason to use it only as the OS drive and not
> > for your data? Afaik it is not possible to build two hdd drives in a Mac
> > Mini.
>
> I know you're not asking me, but if i may express my personal reason:
> Put simply: better safe than sorry.
> A choice i mafde after reading a lot about corrupt SSD. But frankly
> speaking, i have no idea how accurate this is today.

If you are worried about corrupt SSDs, the trick would be then to
limit how much you could lose on them. For instance, the software I
work on is store in git and pushed frequently, so I'd probably only
lose a few minutes to few hours of work there. Files that aren't in
git are still backed up to HDD as well, so the potential for loss from
SSD corruption (or file system corruption or HDD failure) is very small.