Re: [LAU] Question about Hydrogen's swing feature

From: Neil <djdualcore@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 09 2014 - 21:12:46 EET

On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 11:42 PM, Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden
> wrote:

> You should notice the timing is slightly forward or behind. IMO, the
> effect works best in combination with velocity and timing. It will also
> take a few repetitions of the loop to really kick in.

The "timing" and "velocity" settings in the "humanize" section are clearly
audible to me. "Velocity," if I crank it all the way up, makes sounds play
at different volumes than I programmed them for. Likewise, if I open
"timing" all the way up I can hear things that are supposed to happen at
exactly the same time happen in quick succession. That's more or less what
I expected.

I still can't clearly hear the effect of H2's "swing." It could be me or
it could be my sequence.

It doesn't really matter for what I'm doing right now so I'm not going to
pursue it further today. I'm mostly curious.

Neil

--
DJ Dual Core's Blog
http://oldmixtapes.blogspot.com/