Re: [LAU] Desktop whole-screen audio/video recording

From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 17 2014 - 00:22:17 EET

An update on this.

I still haven't been able to get simple screen recorder to compile, but have
discovered what the problem was with recordmydesktop.

In version 0.3.8 - as in debian testing - there is (at least) one error in the
parser:
Image Options
      --windowid=id_of_window id of window to be recorded.
      --display=DISPLAY Display to connect to.
  -x, --x=N>=0 Offset in x direction.
  -y, --x=N>=0 Offset in y direction.

I'm guessing that the gui add-on is using the double dash version of the x & y
positions, which is what I was doing. For some reason this gives a stupidly
large screen size and the program quits.

Using the single dash version seems to work, but you then seem to need just
about all the parameters to be correctly set.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk