Re: [LAU] Generating click tracks

From: F. Silvain <silvain@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 18 2014 - 22:29:48 EET

Ede Wolf, Nov 18 2014:

> Hi,
>
> I am wondering, wether there is a way to create click tracks. Audacity is
> quite limited, as it only creates quarter note clicks, while the upper tempo
> setting is limited, so f.e. you cannot create 16th for 120BPM by means of
> scaling up the BPM.
klick is a stand alone JACK client, which also sets the JACK tempo, VERY accurately from the audio clock/crystal. It also offers emphasized beats.
There are LADSPA plugins, e.g. the Clicktrack from Tim Goetze's CAPS suite. You can also combine oscillator plugins (sine or noise for sound and pulse for the timed gating).
There's a simple JACK metronome coming with the JACK server, never tried it though.
If you need anything really specific you can generate it with the synthesis language of your choice. Many of those offer time resolution in seconds or beats (csound, SuperCollider...).

> Also, there are no triple notes, swing eighth or syncopated options
> available, though I am afraid, those will be rather seldom, if availble at
> all.
>
> Are there any alternatives, that are at least a little more flexible than
> audacity?
>
> I am not talking about recording a plugin, like a softsynth, which is liable
> to the internal (midi) clock oscillation, but generating an audio track with
> really accurate clicks

Ta-ta

----
Ffanci