Re: [LAU] [Bulk] Re: Account issues

From: Gene Heskett <gheskett@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 20 2014 - 21:07:01 EET

On Thursday 20 November 2014 12:33:48 Ralf Mardorf did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 18:22:17 +0100
>
> Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2014-11-20 at 09:28 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > So the un-aware keeping pinging the list trying to get a reply from
> > > the list. Tain't gonna happen and eventuatlly somebody will point
> > > out, in unpleasant language, that yes, we seen all 4 of your
> > > messages, but apparently nobody wants to do your homework for you.
> >
> > Never used it myself, but I guess
> > "Receive acknowledgement mail when you send mail to the list?"
> > is a mailman option, that will inform you, even if the mails you sent
> > to the list do not come through to you.
>
> PS: And btw. there's no need to send a request to a mailing list to
> ensure, if the mails came through the list, since there's the mailing
> list archive ;).

One COULD do that, yes, but thats likely at least 5 minutes to negotiate
your way thru the archives morass and find it. Searches could probably do
that faster, but why should be have to jump thru all those hoops when
having the message come BACK from the list and be sorted into that lists
folder in your email setup? Thats a heck of a lot of typing and mouse
clicking for something that OUGHT to be automatic and 100% transparent
once setup to do the sorting in your own email agents. IMO google wastes
far more time doing the duplicate removal processing than they would just
dumping it back out to the net than they could ever gain by killing your
email address in the To: line when they do relay it.

Dumb and dumber 3 anybody? It probably will never get out of the can, I
read that they may not get their production money back out of "Dumb and
Dumber to". OTOH, I don't run that train, can't even get close enough to
the whistle cord to blow it. Sigh...

Cheers, Gene Heskett

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)