[LAU] caustic with wineasio

From: Atte <atte@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 23 2014 - 01:33:46 EET

Hi

I'm having a blast with caustic (music environment for android, ios,
windows + more). It works fine through wine, but for better realtime
performance, I'd like to get it working with wineasio.

I have wineasio working with reaper, so I copied the dll.so from that
folder to .wine (freshly made, only used with caustic):

atte@email-addr-hidden:~/.wine$ find | grep asio
./.winelib/wineasio.dll.so

I then registered it with:
atte@email-addr-hidden:~/.wine$ regsvr32 .winelib/wineasio.dll.so
Successfully registered DLL .winelib/wineasio.dll.so

I have this in my ~/caustic/config:

atte@email-addr-hidden:~$ cat ~/caustic/config
B ALLOW_SCREEN_ROTATION TRUE
I KEYBOARD_KEYSIZE_PORTRAIT 1
I KEYBOARD_KEYSIZE_LANDSCAPE 1
I PIANOROLL_KEYSIZE_PORTRAIT 1
I PIANOROLL_KEYSIZE_LANDSCAPE 2
B WHATS_NEW_310 FALSE
I INTERNAL_LATENCY 1
S SOUND_DRIVER ASIO

Still, caustic refuses to play, and right upon launch I get this in the
terminal that started caustic:

fixme:avrt:AvSetMmThreadCharacteristicsW (L"Audio",0xb7e9d8): stub
err:ole:COMPOBJ_DllList_Add couldn't load in-process dll L"wineasio.dll"
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object
{48d0c522-bfcc-45cc-8b84-17f25f33e6e8} could be created for context 0x1
err:ole:COMPOBJ_DllList_Add couldn't load in-process dll L"wineasio.dll"
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object
{48d0c522-bfcc-45cc-8b84-17f25f33e6e8} could be created for context 0x1

Any ideas how to get wineasio going?

NB: Although in a different .wine-folder, wineasio is runing really well
on my box(es), so I know it's possible with my combination of jack
version and wine version.

NB: Debian wheezy, if it matters...

--
Atte