Re: [LAU] - an on the fly midi re-mapper?

From: Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 28 2014 - 00:38:16 EET

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 10:30 PM, Athanasios Silis <
athanasios.silis@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> What I would like to do is read the value of one of the buttons that the
> surface offers and depending on the value of that button

I think generally people refer to midish for that type of stuff:
http://www.midish.org/

> 1664 different controllers at my disposal.

Might I query how you intend to remember all such mappings? </joke>

Particularly for live-performance, I feel it useful to have a very small
set of inputs, with sensible "ranges", and then to musically explore the
terrain they provide.

Having 1664 controls would not let me create music: it would actually
hinder me. Perhaps this is a personal thing, or perhaps you're trying to
experiment with crazy workflows on purpose. Anyway, I'll just leave this
here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_limitation

Cheers, -Harry

--