Re: [LAU] Echo Layla PCI + echo audiofire12

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 07 2014 - 07:21:21 EET

On Wed, 3 Dec 2014 11:44:25 -0800, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
> Not familiar yet with what can be done with the 8 adat (light pipe?)
> channels within the realm of recording.

Yes, it needs the same TOSLINK connector cables that are used for
optical S/PDIF. Pro: galvanic isolation. Not really con: short cable
length. Many people on this list use ADAT and a lot of us use the same
device, the ADA8000, regarding to it's very good cost-benefit ratio,
especially because it also can be used to fry eggs over the PSU.

On Sat, 6 Dec 2014 20:17:57 -0800, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
> If this already hit the list, please forgive dupes. I've had some
> issues with gmail I guess.

OT, but related to your "Account issues" thread from Wed Nov 19 18:26:59
UTC 2014: http://wiki.list.org/x/2IA9

JFTR, you can check by using the archive or enable the notification
messages. I use mailman's notification option for a Yahoo account
suffering from the same issue as your gmail account.

http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2014-December/date.html

http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2014-December/100091.html
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2014-December/100106.html

;)