Re: [LAU] RME HDSPe AIO, hdsploader compulsory ?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 12 2014 - 00:05:18 EET

On Thu, 11 Dec 2014 21:20:02 +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> Regarding the AIO: if only two ADAT ports show up in Jack that
> has nothing to do with the mixer. Why that problem still exists
> after more than three years is another matter, I for sure don't
> understand why that should be so.

That's right.

However, off-list I'll send a config to Francois.

First off all, for testing purpose use the analog outputs with ALSA.
Ensure that the card will be hw:0, the default device. Make it the
first entry for "options snd slots=" in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf.

[rocketmouse@email-addr-hidden ~]$ cat /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
# ALSA module ordering
options snd slots=snd_hdspm,snd_ice1712,snd_ice1712

After that reboot.

Launch hdspmixer, the card should appear as card:0.

[rocketmouse@email-addr-hidden ~]$ hdspmixer

HDSPMixer 1.11 - Copyright (C) 2003 Thomas Charbonnel
<thomas@email-addr-hidden>
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
HDSPMixer is free software, see the file COPYING for details

Looking for RME cards:
Card 0: RME AIO S/N 0x579bcc at 0xfddf0000, irq 18
RME AIO found!
Card 1: TerraTec EWX24/96 at 0xbf00, irq 20
Card 2: TerraTec EWX24/96 at 0xbb00, irq 21
1 RME cards card found.
Restoring last presets used

Then to load the file in hdspmixer click File > Open preset file

Load the file demo.1.mix I sent off-list.

With Firefox open https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9irsg1vBmq0

You should get sound by the analog line outs and by the phones out.

Regards,
Ralf

--
"Pull a Homer -- to succeed despite idiocy." - The Simpsons