Re: [LAU] Korg microStation editor and Wine

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 14 2014 - 04:42:21 EET

On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 03:16:03 +0100
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> IMO you simply should test it. I'm not aware about VST support on
> Linux, I don't use VSTs, but I used editor plugins for external MIDI
> devices, when I used the Atari ST as sequencer and it was amazing to
> use very short SysEx data in real-time, when using separated MIDI
> outputs, to control external MIDI devices. Controlling a synth by
> SysEx in real-time works, assumed the actually non-real-time SysEx
> data is short and you're using separated MIDI outputs.

The problem is that I have no idea what advantage a VST plug-in would
offer, compared to the stand-alone version of the editor. If I can see
benefits then I could try. Any with Ardour ? What about a
sequencer/tracker like Renoise ? Through MIDI I can sequence the
external synth right now. What would a VST plug-in editor offer
more ? Would I be able to sequence the changing of sound parameters
for instance ?