Re: [LAU] Is CentOS good for audio stuff?

From: Roberto Suárez Soto <talkingxouba@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 24 2014 - 14:38:46 EET

El 24/12/14 a las 13:26, Ralf Mardorf escribió:
> For Ubuntu LTS you need to install a PPA in addition to the official
> repositories, since Ubuntu follows Debian and Debian's policy is a PITA
> for audio users. Or is e.g. linuxsampler now available by the official
> repositories? However, the biggest issue for audio users on release
> model distros is making audio userspace maintenance much harder than
> for a distro that follows stable releases from upstream.

     My needs are very humble: I only use qjackctl, Ardour, Hydrogen and
some LADSPA plugins. I've seen that many people use a plethora of audio
software (which use goes way over my head), but I really need only
something to record guitar and bass, generate some drum tracks and
process it a bit so it hides my awful playing. I hoped I could do it
using standard repos in CentOS, but from the feedback in this list and
some googling, it seems that's not the case.

     Thanks anyway,

--
     Roberto Suarez Soto                There's a man goin' round
                                                     Taking names