Re: [LAU] Metal music made with linux

From: coderkun <olli@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 25 2014 - 21:00:12 EET

Am Donnerstag, den 25.12.2014, 13:51 -0500 schrieb Brett McCoy:
> On Thu, Dec 25, 2014 at 1:11 PM, coderkun <olli@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> > not really Metal anymore but I would like to take the opportunity to
> > share the latest recordings from my band which are entirely recorded and
> > mixed with Ardour and the Calf-plugins:
> > https://soundcloud.com/necrane/twoonethreetwo
> >
> > They are live recordings at rehearsal without fancy studio or any
> > professional audio engineering but I already learned much by using Linux
> > for audio stuff.
>
> Wow, this sounds great, considering it's a live recording. Did you
> have each instrument individually miked or did you just record the
> live sound in the room?

Thanks a lot. We use seven mics on individual tracks (one for each
guitar, one for bass and four for the drums (bass, snare, overheads)),
with a lot of mic bleeding though.

There is a second track using the same recording and mix and we plan on
fillig up an EP with five tracks in total:
https://soundcloud.com/necrane/sets/bleak-ep