Re: [LAU] Metal music made with linux

From: nepal <nepal.roade@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 27 2014 - 13:01:46 EET

On Thu, 25 Dec 2014 20:33:57 +0100
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@rocketmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Dec 2014 20:00:12 +0100, coderkun wrote:
> > https://soundcloud.com/necrane/sets/bleak-ep
>
> Good music!
>
> IMO rehearsal and stage live recordings most of the times are much
> better than studio recordings.
>
> Two of my favourites vinyls are 'Irish Tour '74' (Gallagher) and 'No
> Sleep 'til Hammersmith' (Motörhead).
>
> You can't do better in a studio.
>
> Even Metallica's 'Garage Days', unfortunately without Cliff Burton, is
> very nice (still the recordings from the original bands are far
> better, even their studio recordings, than the Garage Day versions ;).

As much as I love the 'Tour' album, I still IMHO consider Rory's best
album to be a studio recorded one, simply titled "Rory Gallagher".
Part of this is because of the style of playing which Rory didn't
really get into during his live gigs, but which to me at least shows
where his heart was when not influenced by an audience. This album more
than any other (maybe exceptint "Deuce") shows Rory to be so much more
than a rock guitarist (no insult intended) with a touch of finesse
never really matched since those early days.

Having said all that tho, it is only my personal Taste (boom boom) ;)