Re: [LAU] FreeBSD

From: Tim E. Real <termtech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 07 2015 - 04:34:17 EET

On January 6, 2015 04:21:45 PM Brent Busby wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Jan 2015, Paul Davis wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 5:15 PM, Brent Busby <brent@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> >> That describes all the software Lennart Poettering writes. :)
> >
> > This is ridiculous.
>
> Well of course it's just my opinion...but I'm not the only one who feels
> that way. Almost everything I've had to fight on my own system from
> upstream the past several years came from RedHat and was written by him.
>
> I do know there are people who disagree and have their reasons for it
> though.

I think PulseAudio is a masterpiece.
When I discovered just how deeply and intimately it deals with hardware
 I was impressed by its breadth and scope.

Having said that, well, I still find it a little weird and unusual, a bit
 hard to follow what it does, how it works, and how to use it and
 get the most out of it. But it's there and just works, for desktop audio.
But I am a "Jack head" after all, like a lot of us...

PS: Does anyone know if there are plans to do PA midi?

Thanks. Tim.