Re: [LAU] Headphones

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat Jan 17 2015 - 12:58:12 EET

On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 06:04:18 +0000, Eric Wong wrote:
> Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > I wonder what headphone has a better sound quality than the
> > AKG K 240 DF and at the same time is that robust as this
> > headphone.
>
> I was just reminded the other day I've been using Sennheiser HD 650
> for 10 years, now. I have not played soccer with my headphones :),
> but I have acciddently dropped them a few times off a standing desk.

:D

> The earpads and cable have been replaced a few times, but they still
> work well (with replacement parts readily available).

In around 30 years of usage I replaced the earpads of my AKG just one
time and the cable and jack a few times too. The earpads needed several
replacements too, but I waited and ordered them, when I was working for
an audio company, so I got them for the very, very cheap prime
cost, instead of the much, much too expensive retail price. However,
it's important to get headphones, for which spare parts are available
for a few decades. It's bad enough that repairing several old synth is
nearly impossible.