Re: [LAU] Audio over WIFI

From: Bob van der Poel <bob@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 18 2015 - 04:28:42 EET

On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 6:39 PM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 20:21:17 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> > When I started engineering they
>> > already were used in studios. It's too funny that one thing didn't
>> > change, the pick ups for electrical guitars were and still are
>> > electromagnets needing special pre-amplification.
>>
>> There are some choices today, that are at times even better because
>> the pickup coils are velocity sensitive, which isn't entirely
>> suitable for a bass axe.
>>
>> I have in recent years seen several different kinds of microphones
>
> Yes, but for good old rocking sound of a solid body six string guitar
> there's still noting better than a passiv single coil or passiv
> humbucker. Especially when using passive single coils, you want good
> pre-amplification.

Can I mention the piezo pickups I installed in my accordion. Gawd
they sounded awful :) (Accordion wasn't bad back then when I actually
knew how to play one).

--
**** Listen to my FREE CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob@email-addr-hidden