Re: [LAU] Audio over WIFI

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun Jan 18 2015 - 12:48:00 EET

On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 21:05:07 -0800 (PST), Len Ovens wrote:
> I think a piezo PU could work well on a 6 string as well with minimal
> effects.

Do you know any hard rock guitarist playing a solid body 6 string
guitar using a piezo? Do you know any company selling a solid body 6
string guitar with a piezo?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickup_%28music_technology%29#Piezoelectric_pickups

On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 03:56:08 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Radio Shack

in Germany it was named Tandy, but they sold the same brands as Radio
Shack did, such as Realistic. Some of the products were made for
Realistic, others were 1:1 copies and others were weak fakes.

I own a Realistic Concertmate-200, it's a 1:1 copy of the original
Casio http://www.crumblenet.co.uk/keyb/vl-1.html .

I also own a Realistic SM 58S fake, it's a cheap fake that has
absolutely nothing to do with a real SM 58S,
http://www.kellaninc.com/ProductImages/02-18-13DSCN6071_1633x1225.jpg
OTOH while the sound quality is less good as that of a real Sure, it is
as more or less robust as the real Sure. My one is over 30 years old.
Including a switch to a microphone is idiotic, I wonder why they faked
the version with the switch instead the version without a switch.

The first synth we had, for our first band was the
http://www.vintagesynth.com/moog/mg1.php owned by Dirk Brauner, the guy
who nowadays builds and sells overpriced microphones. It was a special
edition build for Tandy.

Tandy also sold semiconductor for much too much money, as Conrad in
Germany does nowadays.

In Germany Tandy was a shop for beginners (children) without
experiences, no professional bought something from Tandy. It's similar
for Conrad nowadays, just sometimes we buy something from Conrad. I got
a cheap laboratory power supply, since it was an end-of-range model and
even it's casing alone usually would cost more than the complete power
supply did cost. Anyway, in general I dislike to buy from shops such as
Radio Shack and Conrad. The tend to rip off the customers.