Re: [LAU] Audio over WIFI

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun Jan 18 2015 - 13:37:49 EET

On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 11:18:30 +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 11:48:00AM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
> > Anyway, in general I dislike to buy from shops such as
> > Radio Shack and Conrad. The tend to rip off the customers.
>
> So what do you recommend to obtain to electronic components
> in small quantities in Germany ?

Hi Fons,

that is a smart question and the answer depends on how far away from
your home the next Conrad store is.

If you have good luck there's a small repair shop
that in addition sells electronic components for a fair price.
Unfortunately there aren't that many shops anymore, most were closed
within the 90s. I order from Reichelt [1]. If just a single exotic
resistor for e.g. a switching power supply is needed and I wouldn't
know a friend who usually is able to help me, I would consider to pay
for a public transport tickets from Oberhausen to Essen, were Conrad is
(or was?) and back to my hometown and pay too much money for this
single exotic resistor. OTOH it just takes 24 hours to get it ordered
from Reichelt and the minimum order value does cost less than the public
transport tickets do cost. Buying from Conrad instead of ordering
from Reichelt seldom makes sense, assumed Conrad isn't next door to you
and you really just want to buy in very small quantities.

Regards,
Ralf

[1]
http://www.reichelt.de/