Re: [LAU] Which kernel do you use?

From: Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 23 2015 - 19:36:05 EET

CPU scaling is broken in "recent" -rt; particularly on older CPU's
(without the intel pstate stuff). I've also built -rt with the
performance governer on as default, and some code in the kernel
dis-allows any changing of CPU frequency.

There's a thread over on -rt users, but it wasn't resolved yet: hence
building with performance. Apart from minor lower battery life, and
some extra heat / fan-noise, there's no dis-advantage.
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-rt-users/msg12170.html

HTH, -Harry