[LAU] OT: Which kernel do you use?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Fri Jan 23 2015 - 21:04:51 EET

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 18:46:24 +0000, Will Godfrey wrote:
> I fear the possibility of a rather expensive mistake

Your fear shouldn't be related to this thread. When using Linux, we
always risk to make expensive mistakes regarding to
software-hardware-compatibility. OTOH regarding to ethics, the risk is
very low :p, just avoid installing Ubuntu, that by default installs
spyware.

Regarding to software-hardware-compatibility I made much better
experiences with hardware from vendors, who pointed out, that they
don't care about Linux, than with hardware from vendors who claimed
that their hardware does work with Linux or with hardware recommended
by Linux communities.