Re: [LAU] Which kernel do you use?

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 23 2015 - 23:57:37 EET

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015, Hermann Meyer wrote:

> However, as I said, I'm just curios about what others here use, I'm perfectly
> fine with 3.4.105-rt129, but still I would experiment more with recent
> kernels, and I like to find out what cause the Xruns, as I like to use a
> newer nouveau driver, .

$ uname -a
Linux music 3.13.0-43-lowlatency #72-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Mon Dec 8 20:00:12
UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

ICE1712 PCI audio card. Runs Jack at 48k 16/2 with no xruns, Runs Pulse
jacksink at least down to 32/2 as well. (I haven't tried it lower) Intel
on board video. I also have an old ensoniq Audio card (PCI) that I use
only for MIDI.

On my old P4 MB I did have trouble with xruns if the ensoniq was on a
higher IRQ than the ICE1712, but it doesn't seem to matter on this new MB
(i5 based) where the ICE is irq17 and the ens1370 is irq 19.

Maybe I have just been lucky, but I have never felt the need for an RT
kernel yet.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net