Re: [LAU] Opinions on missing voice patches.

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Tue Jan 27 2015 - 00:34:34 EET

On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 14:21:50 -0800 (PST), Len Ovens wrote:
> These are just my expectations as a user. I don't know if there is a
> "right way".

Full ACK with Bob and you. The problem is that some synth have got no
banks, but voices, so in practise it happens, that the bank command is
ignored, but anyway a voice number is selected. Some synth btw. don't
come with a display that could output a warning. My Matrix-1000 doesn't
have such a display, OTOH it comes with sound banks, but those sound
banks don't provide general MIDI sounds, so this could be an additional
issue ;).