[LAU] Ardour: Region management

From: Alf Haakon Lund <alf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 02 2015 - 11:30:21 EET

When creating a track with name 'elephant' and then recording onto it,
regions are created with variations of the name 'elephant' (1.1, 2.1, etc).

If there are several takes until I'm satisfied, several regions are
created, and easily accessible from the regions list (View -> show
editor list).

Then I discover that I actually recorded 'giraffe'. I change names of
tracks and regions to avoid confusion. Unfortunately the regions list
does not update names accordingly - there regions are still filed under
'elephant'.

Is there a way to update names in the region list?

When copying and moving regions around, multiple and more or less
identical regions appear in the regions list. Can identical regions
somehow be ignored?

Is it possible to use the regions list to navigate to that region in the
session?

And lastly, does anybody have tips for good workflows regarding regions
and the regions list?

Any and all input appreciated!

Alf