Re: [LAU] Ardour: Where to access log files

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Mon Feb 02 2015 - 12:02:19 EET

On Mon, 02 Feb 2015 01:45:47 +0100, Alf Haakon Lund wrote:
> Still I believe I can find it in some logs, but where to find the log?

Hi Alf,

if applications started by the user or session autostart cause warnings
and errors for the current user session, they are often written to

~/.xsession-errors

the messages for the user session you run before were written to

~/.xsession-errors.old

You also could try

strace -o ardour.log -p $(pidof ardour)

To be honest, I never started strace for an app _after_ an issue
appeared. I don't know, if this does give useful output.

Regards,
Ralf