Re: [LAU] master levels

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Tue Feb 03 2015 - 04:18:23 EET

On Mon, 2 Feb 2015 17:56:09 -0800 (PST), Len Ovens wrote:
>I bought an SPL meter years ago just so I could keep a standard level
>on my monitors to mix to.

Another issue might be that different songs on the same album sound
different loud and we want that they all cause the same impression of
loudness, but even that has nothing to do with the headroom. The OP's
demo CD doesn't need headroom. We only need headroom, if we can't know
the highest peak, IOW we only need it for recording, but not for
mastering.