Re: [LAU] CPU fan and video card recommendations ?

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 03 2015 - 16:32:24 EET

On Tue, 03 Feb 2015 09:06:25 -0500
Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> I've built a new machine around an AMD FX6300 CPU, currently using the
> packaged fan that came with the CPU. I'd like to replace it with a quiet
> device, something like the Zalman fans I used with previous sockets.
> Alas, the new design doesn't accommodate my old fan so I need some
> advice.

I'm using a Zalman with my FX8350 and it works great. There should be
plenty of room in your case for it.

> I'm also looking for a replacement for my video card

I got an Asus GT640-DCSL-2GD3 last year that I like a lot. It's got 2
DVI ports for my dual monitor setup and runs like a champ with 2 monitors.
It's also got 1 VGA and 1 HDMI port, and for fun I set up a 4 monitor
display. It ran fine but the different sized displays and finding desk space
for 4 monitors kept me from keeping that configuration!